Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New to the Blog World.

In 2011, I will try this whole blog thing out. Perhaps I'm late to the trend (I was informed that "blogging is so 2001." )  Regardless, I'm doing it. What will I blog about? Not sure really, I guess whatever comes to mind. This could be dangerous. Do these things censor?  So I guess I need to tell you what to expect.  Cynical rants. Cruel yet witty observations. Fashion Police. Book Reviews. My dreams and hopes for the future. Sappy moments. Political Views. Love for Mississippi. Reasons why South MS is way better than North MS. Adventures. Flight Logs.....

Enough of that. So where did I come up with my blog title? From Mean Girls, duh!
It's a hysterical movie that doesn't try to take itself too seriously, I guess I'm insinuating an confident analogy here. If you don't like Mean Girls get your panties out of a wad and watch it again! Every line is hilarious, trust me my sophomore roommate can quote it in its entirety. Perhaps I like it because its painful true in parts...Regina's mom is so OG, burn books (yes I made one with friends in middle school..most predictions came true, but that's soo beyond the point). And other parts you wish were true...a friend like Damian-I've wanted one for years! For the most part, it's a lot of fun, doesn't hold back and has some good messages in between.
 Hopefully that is what this blog will be. I'm not going to trying to make big political or religious statements.  I'm not going to edit myself and write what I "should" or what's expected of me. I'm not going to paint a appealing caricature of myself. I'm certainly not going to try to be an angsty nonconformist (let's be real, I was President of a sorority, who's colors are pink).
Basically, I'm going to be me. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment